While Luminary Financial Planning serves clients of all walks of life, we specialize in serving women and their families. Why? The simple fact is that women have unique financial planning needs.
Here are some reasons why our passion and specialization lies in helping women:
- 80% of American women will find themselves the sole keepers of their personal finances at some point during their lives. Yet most of those women feel financially insecure, despite controlling more wealth, having more education, and being more involved in financial decisions than even before.
- Depending on the occupation, women still make anywhere from 77 to 91 cents on the dollar less than men. Thankfully, the wage gap appears to be closing, especially in younger generations.
- Women’s careers are often interrupted by family needs. Taking time out of the workforce to care for children and elderly loved ones limits their opportunity for income growth, contributes to the wage gap, and disrupts their ability to save for retirement.
- Widows who left the finances up to the men in their lives are in need of guidance and a trusted adviser.
- Over the next several years, baby boomer women will inherit wealth from both their parents and their spouses creating a need for sound investment advice.
That’s why it is so vital that women plan, save, and invest now -- it’s the most empowering way to secure your financial future.